- Future Outlook
- A Special Economic Zone NOIDA is proposed and is strategically
located near Delhi in NOIDA (30 minutes by road from central
- An expressway - Taj Expressway is coming up in Greater
NOIDA, which will connect NOIDA to Agra. This proposed six-lane
super expressway would be about 160 km in length and would
considerably shorten the distance between New Delhi and
Agra, thereby reducing traveling time to about 100 minutes.
- The Taj Expressway corridor is attracting many group
housing projects by reputed developers like Parsvnath, Prestige,
Eldeco Utopia etc
- There is a plan to develop the entire corridor along
the Gautam Buddha Expressway which includes development
of a Biotech City, an IT City and a Medical City along the
- Delhi Metro which was slated to enter NOIDA
in 2012 has now been planned for 2009, a year before the
games in 2010.
- NOIDA will be connected to the Connaught Palace station,
via the Barakhambha Road-IP Estate-Akshardham Complex link.
A part of this link opened on 11th November, 2006. Work
is on full swing on the rest of the stretch, in Delhi as
well as NOIDA
- There are also plans to construct an Appu Ghar and a theme